"Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live"



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Direction

Your destiny depends on the direction you set for yourself. If you consciously choose the path you want to follow, you'll be less likely to give your power away to other people, situations and circumstances. And you'll be more likely to rise above past conditioning and limiting beliefs.

We each have the ability to create a new reality for ourselves. One filled with an array of possibilities. When we listen to our heart and soul for direction, we enjoy every step of the journey. If we follow the lead of our logical mind, or worse yet, the logic of others, we risk getting sidetracked, stuck, or repeating old patterns.

We are the source of our joy and our sorrow, our ease and our struggle. It is up to us to determine what we want to experience and what direction will lead us there.

Insights on Direction

What determines your direction? Does your family, friends, trends, or the general public decide for you? Does your logical mind plan every step you take, or do you listen to the whispering of your soul and the longings of your heart? How much do you trust yourself?

What direction are you going? If you carry on in the same direction, where will you most likely end up? Reflect over the different areas of your life. Are you waiting for such and such to happen before you change direction? What are you tolerating in the process?

What direction do you want to go? What do you want to experience in your life in terms of your health, relationships, finances, career, personal growth, spirituality, creativity, and other important areas? Is there an overall theme within the direction you want, such as ease, freedom, abundance, balance?

Inspiration on Direction

~ Reflect over the areas of your life you are happy and content with. What led you in this direction? Was it your logical mind or were you more influenced by your passion, intuition, an inner urging, or a synchronistic event? What supports you to stay on this path? Is it trust, patience, appreciation, persistence, faith? Imagine bringing these qualities to all the areas of your life and all the decisions you make. Would your direction change?

~ Reflect over the areas of your life you are not satisfied with. What led you here? Who or what influenced your direction? Did past conditioning, old programming or limiting beliefs play a role? Know that all of this is in the past and you can choose a new direction starting right now. Write down or visualize where you want to go. Choose a new path to follow.

~ Listen to your heart and soul for direction. Trust your higher self to see the bigger picture and lead you in the best direction. Take time each day to get out of your head and settle into your body. From there, connect with your heart. Close your eyes and place a hand over your heart and ask what it wants for you today. Then go deeper into your soul and ask for guidance from your higher self. Listen to your intuition for what steps to take next.


www.justineswitalla.com

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazingly inspiring post! Thank you so much for sharing these words - I LOVE it!!

    I know that for me this year is turning out so well because I have started to listen to my heart and to follow my own dreams, not those of my parents or teachers. (or what I THOUGHT they wanted - to be honest now they are more proud of me than ever and to think I was scared of what they would think!!)

    One thing that works for me is to walk. I am not sure why but walking seems to bring out my true creativity and all my best ideas most true to myself have come to me while walking somewhere.

    You are such an inspiration and I wish you so many good wishes x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazingly inspiring post! Thank you so much for sharing these words - I LOVE it!!

    I know that for me this year is turning out so well because I have started to listen to my heart and to follow my own dreams, not those of my parents or teachers. (or what I THOUGHT they wanted - to be honest now they are more proud of me than ever and to think I was scared of what they would think!!)

    One thing that works for me is to walk. I am not sure why but walking seems to bring out my true creativity and all my best ideas most true to myself have come to me while walking somewhere.

    You are such an inspiration and I wish you so many good wishes x x x

    ReplyDelete