"Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live"



Thursday, July 15, 2010

The big win :)

Hey there!!

Well it is almost a week since my comp and I have only just had a spare minute to sit down and fill you in on the big day!!

Leading into the big day, I actually felt ok. I was a very strict Diet and had moments of losing the plot, but all in all, I was very excited and looking forward to getting on stage.

The day of the comp was so much fun. I got my tan done early in the morning by the BEST spray tanner in Melbourne. Then I came home and chilled out for the morning. I put my feet up and just tried my best to relax. I kept getting those waves of excited butterflies.
My good friend leanne came around to do my hair and make up around 1pm. She couldnt believe how relaxed I was. I have never felt more relaxed or calm before a comp before. The key to that is, I knew I had done everything I had to do to prepare for this comp, so really, there was nothing to feel nervous or scared about!

I spoke to my AMAZING trainer a few times throughout the day. He rang every few hours to check in on me. The support I got from Perry was 2nd to none. I could not have asked for a more understanding, caring, compassionate and intelligent trainer!!!

So 5pm rolls around and its SHOW TIME.

I was back stage doing all my final bits and bobs to my bikini and chatting to a few of the other competitors. I really love the energy back stage. I love chatting to other girls and trying to make it as fun as possible as that is what it is all about after all. If you cant admire and support these amazing athletes, who have done amazing things to get to that moment, then what's the point I say!!! It takes SO much courage to get on stage and strut your stuff. Some women lost as much as 25kgs to get on stage, now that is inspirational!!!

There were 16 girls in Sports Model, and they all looked stunning on the night!

We were broken down into 2 classes, short and tall. I felt the best I have ever felt on stage and was more relaxed than ever.

I won my class, which was the short class, then I went up against the winner of the tall class.
Standing on stage next to Stacey, just the 2 of us, waiting to hear the result of who won Overall, was a very nerve racking moment. All eyes are on the 2 of you, waiting with baited breath for the result to be read out.

They finally announced that I had one the Overall!! I can not tell you how happy and excited I was. It was the most defining moment in my career thus far. I have done well at comps before, but this one felt different and I know it came across to the crowd and to the judges!! I won so many cool prizes and 2 big trophies!!

Needless to say I spent Saturday with good friends having a few drinks and celebrating my success.
The next day I went out with my boyfriend and my best mate for a champagne breaky, it was amazing and I didn't feel the least bit bad about indulging as I knew I deserved it!! It can be hard coming out of a comp and getting your head around eating normally again and indulging. But it is SO important to let loose and have fun!

The week since Saturday has been CRAZY. The recognition from my peers, friends, colleagues, people in the industry has been OFF THE HOOK. My facebook page has gone crazy. I was and still am so overwhelmed by all the lovely words of support from everyone. It really was the one comp that sealed the deal for me. I have had so many cool offers from people within the industry with offers for modelling, sponsorships, radio opportunities, it has been AWESOME, everything I have been working so hard for is finally happening!


Where to next...?? I am having a few weeks off to relax and get my head around everything, and spend some time with my good friends and have a few drinks and enjoy some fine dining :)
Then its time to prepare for my last few comps of the year. I will be training for the NZ nationals on 2nd Oct, then the Oz titles on the 9th Oct.

My PT business is BOOMING and I am loving it! I am full of life and living the dream, the next few months are going to be so exciting..!! I dont want to give too much away as I dont want to give it all away to soon, all I can say is, stay tuned and watch this space peep's.. ITS ON!!

I hope that my journey can inspire you to do things that you never thought possible. I am living proof that if you take the falls and the knock backs on the chin, you can live your dreams!!!

Aim high and keep striving, get out there and "just do it" nike have it in a nutshell!!


Til next time

Juzy
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Well you definitely are an inspiration to all women who dream about creating the best body they can genetically achieve. Keep informing us and motivating us all to train and love the journey. Congratulations again Justine, look forward to hearing about your next experiences and successes. Georgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done great to see you come this far from and look forward to seeing more you deserve it, love daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have FINALLY decided, thanks to you Justine, that next year is going to be the year for me to finish what i started 5 years ago - To train as a Personal Trainer and Aerobic's Instructor. I have gotten over my fear of ' gosh, i am far too old to be doing this now ' Pathetic, i know but we all have fears of some kind and this was mine, which was stopping me from believing in myself and being happy with the direction my life was/has been heading. I have one more challenge to get past, hopefully by the end of this year, then it's bring on 2011, The year of Suzie!!!!!!
    Until next time babe, take care.
    xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watching you grow and seeing you come this far has really triggered something inside me. I want now, more than ever, to be the best that I can be. It's tough at 46 as you start to wonder...is it worth it? who am I doing this for? am I being selfish with 2 children?....so many questions. But the answer is now clear....If I am truly happy, proud of myself and where I am...the rest will take care of itself. To be the best mother, wife, person....I need to be truly happy myself, and that starts with me!

    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete