"Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live"



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To do it, or not to do it!!!

Hey Everyone!

I hope you had a nice enjoyable weekend :) Mine was as I thought it would have been FULL ON!! But I had a great time. I took SO much away from the RPM training module on Sunday. I came away feeling very motivated and inspired, not to mention, with extremely sore legs!!

This week has bought up another massive decision for me in my Fitness Career. I met up with a very good friend and knowledgeable Trainer "Perry" yesterday to discuss my training and where I am at with everything.

It was one of the most intense conversations I have had, I could have listened to him talk all day! My decision is.. Do I take my training to the next level??

I am very happy with where I am at now, and I love competing in the Sports Model category. I feel as I live that way, it doesn't really take me much to get on stage and do my thing!

I spoke to Perry about stepping up and doing Figure. I have always been so hesitant in doing this because I didn't want it to take over my life, and I didn't want to get "massive". But after talking to him, it doesn't sound like it will. And getting massive, well, I think that is all in my head. Basically all I would need to do would be out on 2 kgs of muscle. Considering all the cardio I do, this will be a challenge, as I am NOT willing to stop doing what I love the most and that's teaching RPM and BODY ATTACK!

Perry reckons I am a year out, and would need to go on a periodised 1 year training program.. ONE YEAR?! That's a long time to stay focused. My other concern is for my social life, but Perry seems to think that I would still be able to go out and drink Vodka on the odd occasion.. Which I was VERY happy about :) But I would need to bite that in the butt from around 20 weeks out!

I feel as an athlete and Fitness Model to get really noticed and more recognition in the industry not only in Oz, but world wide, is to take it to the next level. Am I right in thinking this? Why is it that Sports Model gets "scoffed" at sometimes, and people think that its not that hard to get up there and do it.? Some girls work their butts off to get up there! And the category is SO popular now, with some comps getting up to 50 girls on stage.?

I believe that been a Sports Model is more like been a role model. Some one who looks great, looks healthy, some one who could run 5 kms, some one who lives and breaths health and fitness..ALL year round, not just for the time that they are on stage! There needs to be more of us "role models" out there in my opinion! What I want to know is why aren't these girls more recognised in the industry. Why is that we have to step it up and go to that next level, which isn't maintainable and is a whole lot more work! What are your thoughts on this.. I would love to know what you think?!?!

Anyway that is the battle that is going on in my head at the moment, part of me wants to do it, and the other part wants to keep going, doing what I am doing!

The good thing is I don't need to decide straight away..

Time for me to focus on my upcoming comp, the all female classic, which is only 6 weeks away now.. Exciting times!!

Hope you have a great day, keep smiling :)

Juz xxx

2 comments:

  1. be like the nike commercial and just do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think give it a go, that way you will never think... what if?? If your off it, you can always stop and go back to what you were doing. That way nothing lost, and then you know what to fully focus on without always wondering. :)

    ReplyDelete