"Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live"



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Change is as good as a holiday!

I thought that was an appropriate title for this blog.. As currently changes are happening and I am heading away on holiday tomorrow :)

Firstly, would like to share that after 10 days of my new training regime and my new trainer, my body is coming together nicely! It is amazing how quickly my body has adjusted. Perry said " we need to shock your body" and thats what we have done!!! I am loving the new training, and seeing the results is even better. I am fully pumped for my upcoming comp on July 10th and have absolute faith in the road that I am heading down.

I have decided to stay in the division that I am in.. This is for a couple of reasons..

1) because I feel that I am known as a Sports Model, and although the new challenge would be cool, I really dont think it is necessary to step it up! I just wasn't aware of how many people I can influence by doing what I do! When I read Esther Hartog's(the latest Oxygen covergirl) comment in the latest copy of Oxygen magazine, that I was her body role model! I mean, wow, that was one of the most amazing things I have heard, to know that I inspire her. This really made me think long and hard about where I am at now, and where I want to be!

I love that I can be an inspiration, not only to sports models, but to other women out there. That really is what I am all about, and to finally be in a position where I am able to do that- Well, what can I say.. its a dream come true!

The 2nd reason is I really dont want it to take over my life, I want to be able to stay super fit for RPM and Body attack.. Doing figure and teaching classes would definitely collide, and group fitness is a HUGE part of my soul. I could never give that up. Or be "too tired" to give every class my all!!


Since making this decision, another BIG opportunity has fallen into my lap. I have been invited to compete in the NZ nationals in October! This is so exciting for me, to be able to go to my home town and compete. My mum and dad will finally be able to see me in action, so as you can imagine, I am VERY excited about that! The NZ nationals fall the week before the Oz titles, so it couldn't get any more perfect on the timing front! As Sports Modeling isn't as big in NZ as it is in Oz, the NABBA/WFF federation in NZ suggested that I should run a seminar for Sports Models in Nz to help promote this division. Now this opened up a whole can of worms for me, and got me very excited. Nothing has been finalised yet, but watch this space peep's :)


I am off on a long awaited holiday tomorrow to Thailand and it couldnt be more timely. I am so excited to be heading away with my gorgeous man for some R and R. I will of course be training while I am there and going for nice long walks. I am still focused on July 10th. But looking forward to being able to enjoy the thai food, the amazing fresh fruit, and to just be away from the madness.
Going away when you are on a strict training and diet regime can be challenging. But you just have to keep a clear head of where you are at and make wise choices. I am lucky that my man is a Personal Trainer and loves to eat well, so the support from him will make all the difference.

So its bye from me for now..
I will touch base with you when I am back and will be gearing up to get on stage!

Keep the motivation alive and channel your focuses in the direction you want to head..

Juz xx






No comments:

Post a Comment